July 25, 2013

Review: No7 Stay Perfect Mascara (Black) and GWP

I picked up this No7 Stay Perfect Mascara in Black earlier this month. This new release by the No7 brand debuted in June and today I want to share my thoughts on this mascara.


The unique selling point of this mascara is that it removes with hot water. Well, I find humidity and high temperatures do a great job in removing the product as well. Having black fibers scatter around my eyes is definitely not attractive. The UK is still struggling with a heat wave, so I will put this mascara aside until the weather cools a bit.

When the temperature is below the mid-20s, this mascara coats the lashes with a rubbery layer of color that stays smudge-proof for over 12 hours. This mascara is not for someone looking for dramatic lashes. It lengthens a little bit, curls a little bit, and adds just a little bit of volume. I find the formula dries relatively quickly, so working fast is highly recommended.

Aside from failing its humidity-proof claim, this mascara does live up to its other assertions. It doesn't smudge or flake and is unaffected by water (if sufficiently cool). Removing the product was definitely a novel experience. Instead of wiping with a make-up remover to find a blackened cotton pad, it feels like I am removing a fiber mascara. I would not repurchase since the skin around the eyes are very sensitive and I don't like the idea of constantly irritating them with hot water.

This mascara retails for £12.95. Aside from using a £3 off No7 make-up coupon and a £1 store credit voucher, I also received a No7 GWP (£26 value) for purchasing this mascara. It includes Protect & Perfect Intense Day Cream (10mL) [Review Here], Extreme Length Mascara - Black (4.5mL), Moisture Drench Lipstick - Mulberry (3g), and Stay Perfect Eyeshadow top shade in Forest Fruits Trio (1.2g) in a No7 Ballerina Beauty Purse. I will comment briefly with my first impressions.




No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick (Mulberry)


I like the shape of the bullet since it fits the curve of my lips perfectly. Mulberry is a brick red color that looks much nicer in the tube than on me. The formula is completely not water-resistent. Just a sip of water caused the color to fade along the part, so I ended up with two-toned lip color. In short, both the color and the wear of this lipstick didn't work for me.


No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow (top shade in Forest Fruits Trio)


This is a plum-silvery eyeshadow with a metallic finish. I love purple eyeshadows because they complement my brown eyes. This eyeshadow feels velvety and blends easily with no fallout. Unfortunately, it creased within 2 hours of application and has pretty much disappeared by the end of the day. If an eyeshadow primer doesn't lengthen the wear time, then I will give up on this eyeshadow.


No7 Extreme Length Mascara (Black)


This mascara is great for length and wears smudge-free, clump-free throughout the day. Unfortunately the formula makes my curled lashes immediately straight again, so I would not purchase the full size.


How do you feel about removing mascara with hot water?

No comments:

Post a Comment