July 26, 2013

Empties: July 2013

This July has been an extremely busy month, so I am really looking forward to my upcoming vacation. As I leave tomorrow morning to pick up my travel companion from London Heathrow, I want to share my empties of the month today.



Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Nail & Cuticle Therapy (15g)
I received mine as a gift from my bestie one Christmas a few years back (I may have kept this for longer than its 2-years life after opening, so this product does lasts quite a while). I would use it consistently everyday and then forget about it for weeks to only pull it out again when my cuticles remind me of its existence. I especially like to use this after removing nail polish. This cream has a fresh scent and absorbs really quickly. I don't think I would repurchase since it doesn't nourish my cuticles by much more than a good hand cream.

DHC Revitalizing Moisture Strips - Eyes (6 uses)
These gel strips stick on and stay on until I peel them off half an hour later. I really like the lack of liquid dripping down my face so I could deal with other chores during the meantime. The strips feel cool when first applied and don't irritate my skin. I notice a difference right after I take the strips off, but the result doesn't last 24 hours. I have been using this once or twice a week and I enjoy the pampering experience even if the results are not striking. I am on the fence about repurchasing it.

MAC Cleansing Off Oil (150mL) [Original Review Here]
I wasn't overly impressed when I wrote my original review. As I kept using it, my skin got more used to the oil and started to react more calmly. I would use 2-3 pumps on a cotton pad, let it soak for about 30 seconds, and wipe away the first layer of eye make-up. Then I would massage in the oil and splash some warmer water to get rid of the rest. My bottle lasted 6 months because I only used it once or twice a week. I won't mind buying it again.

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser - Normal Skin (250mL) [Original Review Here]
I went through this bottle rather quickly, despite only using it sporadically (probably adds up to about 10 days out of a month). I am quite generous with how much I apply and daily use would probably go through the bottle in a month's time. I have also tried the formula for dry skin in an one-use sample. The two scents are very similar and I can't distinguish between the results after just one use. However, with the additional almond oil, perhaps the dry skin formula would prevail in eliminating the need for lotion where this normal skin formula has failed. Overall, I still really like the convenience and feel of the product on days when I am lazy. I would repurchase.

No7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes (30 wipes) [Original Review Here]
I don't find these wipes to be particularly useful for removing make-up. While my eye area didn't have any adverse reactions (aside from the irritation from the rubbing), these wipes really stung my lips when I tried to remove lip products. Thus I have only been using these wipes to clean swatches off my hand. The only positive aspect is the texture and the size of the wipes. The clothes are soft and are large enough to cover my entire face. I would not repurchase.

Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream (15mL) [Original Review Here]
I finished this eye cream in the first week of July. I haven't been using an eye cream since (except for my weekly dose of DHC Revitalizing Moisture Strips) and I do see a visible difference in the dryness and darkness of my undereye area. The lack of moisture is much more apparent than the darker circles. I stand by my original review and would only recommend this eye cream if your main concern is moisture.

The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter (200mL)
This body butter has a light scent and its consistency reminds me of pudding. The Japanese Cherry Blossom line is my favorite scent from the Body Shop and the only product from the range that I haven't tried is the fragrance oil [my thoughts on the shower gel, body lotion, and the eau de toilette from the range Here]. I received this body butter as a GWP and while I wouldn't pay the full price of £13, I would pick it up if it was on sale. This body butter has a much lighter consistency than the Shea Butter Body Butter and also absorbs much quicker. This tub lasted about 2 months as my daily moisturizer.

TRESemme Luxurious Moisture Shampoo (500mL)
This is the second bottle of this shampoo that I went through. I feel it cleanses very well and boosts my hair's moisture. I bought the bottle in November, but have only started to use it regularly in March. I would repurchase.

Which products did you finish this month? What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment