June 18, 2013

Review: Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream

I have been using this Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream since I got it in December as part of my Sephora Haul. This photo of the untouched product was taken in December. Now that I am down to the last few uses, today I want to share my thoughts on this eye cream.



This eye cream comes with a beauty spatula that I somehow lost in my first month of use. Just a pea size amount of this rich formula is sufficient to smooth over the entire eye area. My eyes do look brighter immediately after application, probably owing to the light-diffusing properties of the cream. I would have preferred a squeeze tube, but that isn't a major deterrent.

This eye cream smells heavenly! I am actually on my second tube of the Brightening Cleansing Foam (which I actually didn't really like the first time around, no idea why I bought it again) from the same line, but I didn't realize just how much I like the scent until I tried the eye cream.

In short, I would recommend this eye cream if you want something moisturizing, but don't expect it to deliver on the anti-dark circles claims. Although its effects on my dark circles is negligible, its moisturizing effects has earned it a spot in my daily regime since the beginning of the year. I only use this eye cream at night, so this jar would last me around 6 months. The insertion recommends use in both morning and night, so perhaps I would have seen more results had I adhered to the recommendation.

This eye cream retails for $68 CAD for 15mL. Although I do like it, dark circles are my main concerns at the moment. I may repurchase in a couple of years when I prefer more moisturizing products.

No comments:

Post a Comment