June 3, 2013

Review: Sanctuary Spa Masksx3

I picked up these Sanctuary Spa masks when my drugstore (or chemist as in the UK) had a 3 for 2 offer on the brand. I chose 3 travel mask sachets to get a feel for the brand's product ranges. Sanctuary Spa products originated from the namesake spa in London's Covent Garden. The last couple of months had been (and the next few months will continue to be) extremely busy and stressful. I was hoping for some at-home facials to pamper my skin and relax my mind. After trying out these masks over the past 3 months, I want to briefly share my thoughts today.



The masks I picked up:
  • Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask (15mL)
  • Sanctuary Spa Moisture Boosting Mask (15mL)
  • Sanctuary Spa Time Reversal Face Mask (15mL)



5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask



I don't have acne-prone skin, but even the thinnest layer of this thermal mask would break me out. I gave it a second chance and it broke me out again the very next day. Aside from the numerous tiny painful bumps on my forehead, this mask also messed up my natural oil balance. My skin would start producing much more oil that would take about a week to settle down again. The mask does feel nice heating up, but it cools much quicker than expected. In any case, since my skin didn't agree with this mask, I threw away the remainder in the sachet.



Moisture Boosting Mask



Every time I apply this mask, I would feel a burning sensation less than 30 seconds in. I tried to soldier through for a little longer, but I usually couldn't take more than a few minutes before I have to wash it off. I made 3 more attempts before completely giving up. I didn't notice any visible differences in my skin condition, so I don't think it was worth subjecting my skin to the discomfort.



Time Reversal Face Mask



Being in my early 20s, I don't usually lean towards collagen-type products. However, due to all the extra hours I have been working these months, my skin could definitely use some extra help during these busy months. This is the only mask of the three that didn't have a negative impact on my skin. The texture and scent of this mask are also the lightest of the three masks. After each use, my skin would look radiant and also feel plump and silky.



In general, these travel size masks would last through 4-5 uses. The 15mL sachets retail for £2-3. The full size mask tubes retail for £11-14, depending on the range and content size. I wouldn't repurchase any of the three.

Have you tried Sanctuary Spa products?

No comments:

Post a Comment