June 5, 2013

Review: Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner (Black)

Gel eyeliners have been my go-to ever since I started wearing eyeliner. Thus when a pencil eyeliner promises the texture of a gel, I had to check it out. After testing it out for a couple of wears, today I want to share my thoughts on Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner in Black.



This is a soft pencil with a very pigmented color payoff. It is so soft that the tip snapped off on my third or fourth try. I really wanted to love this eyeliner due to the gel texture, but unfortunately my slightly oily lids did not agree. After 2 hours, I had very noticeable smudging in the outer corners. It held up about 3 hours on my waterline. Occasionally there is a little bit of tugging and flaking during application, but overall this eyeliner is relatively easy to get on and to take off.

This eyeliner retails for £6 and is available in 6 colors. I wouldn't repurchase.

Have you tried this eyeliner from Avon?

No comments:

Post a Comment