June 8, 2013

London Skincare Haul!

After over a month and half of rushing deadlines, I finally took a break for a day trip into London yesterday. Today I want to share the skincare products I picked up while in the city.



I picked up DHC Revitalizing Moisture Strips (Eyes) [Review Here] from Beauty Mart on the 3rd floor of Harvey Nichols. I have been wanting to try DHC products for years, so I am very glad to find a retailer that I can 100% trust the authenticity of the product. Beauty Mart feels a little out of place among the designer clothes racks and would probably fit in better on the ground floor with the rest of the beauty selection. The concept of the Beauty Mart offers select products from global brands. Some are niche products like DHC, while others are products that can be found much easier elsewhere on the high street.

In Selfridges, I picked up the Shu Uemura Whitefficient Clear Brightening Gentle Cleansing Oil [Review Here]. The cuteness of the brand's OB collaboration drawn me to the counter and I let the consultant talk me into making a purchase. Unfortunately the 150mL was not available in the limited edition packaging. I also received 3 trial packs of the High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Advanced Formula that I am looking forward to try.

Finally, the French brand Bioderma arrived in the UK earlier this year and I picked up a travel mini 100mL of the Sensibio H2O micelle solution for sensitive skin [Review Here]. I have been hearing so many good things about this product that I want to see whether it lives up to the hype. I found this in Garden Pharmacy, which also offers a wide range of other beauty brands. Although I do find its regular prices to be slightly higher than other retailers, the store seems to run generous promotions. While I was in, the store was offering 1/3 off all Nuxe and 25% off all Avene products. Combined with its convenient location near Covent Garden, Garden Pharmacy is worth checking out for some good deals.

I will be heading into London again in two weeks for IMATS London! Any recommendation for products to pick up?

What have you bought recently? Have you ever been to IMATS?

Contact Detail: Garden Pharmacy
119 Long Acre, Covent Garden
London

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at IMATS! I've always wanted to go but IMATS Vancouver is not as impressive as London or LA's. From what I read, brushes (Crown or Hakuhudo) and MUFE products are must-buys at any IMATS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine IMATS Vancouver would be impressive since the producing company is based in Vancouver. I am definitely hoping to pick up some bargains and discover niche brands!

      Delete