June 15, 2013

In the Mail: Glossybox June 2013

This month's Glossybox is definitely a disappointment. When the theme is claimed to be Summer Looks, I expected neons and pops of color. However, the products I received were not even remotely close to being bright. This box was delivered last Saturday, but I was only able to pick it up on Thursday. Today I want to share what's in my box and my first impressions.


In my box:
  • Figs & Rouge Lip Balm in Coco Rose (12.5mL)
  • Helen E Shimmer Eye Powder in #18 (1.5g)
  • Hugo Boss BOSS JOUR Pour Femme (2mL)
  • MeMeMe Long Lasting Nail Gloss in #58 Indulgent (12mL)
  • Sarah Chapman Skinesis 3 Skin Tone Perfecting Booster (5mL)



Hugo Boss BOSS JOUR Pour Femme is so far my favorite sample this month. This fragrance is the follow-up installment to BOSS NUIT, which was released in 2012. Despite the name ("jour" means day in french), I would wear it more often for an evening out.

Notes: Top: Lime Accord; Middle: Honeysuckle, Freesia; Base: White Birch


The smell is by no means unique, but this is a type of fragrance that I gravitate towards. When I dab it behind the ears and on my wrists, this fragrance does not last very long. An hour in, I can't even smell it unless I rub the area where I dabbed it. I find this fragrance to have a rather weak sillage, which I prefer since it won't offend anyone who don't share my taste in fragrance. If I dab the fragrance on my clothes, the scent does last a few hours longer.

I probably won't run out and purchase the full size when it officially launches on June 26th in the UK, but I won't mind having this in my collection.




Figs & Rouge Lip Balm (Coco Rose)

Figs & Rouge Lip Balm is a multi-tasking product similar to the Rosebud Salve, but this version is 100% natural and petroleum-free. It can be used anywhere on the body that needs that extra bit of moisture on-the-go, it is even advertised as safe to use on the eyelids! However, as I would use it primarily as a lip balm, I really wish it came with a slanted applicator. The current packaging doesn't win any points over the original tin since it still requires me to use my fingers to even out the product.

Coco Rose is a sheer baby pink gloss with very noticeable shimmer. When I read the name, I imagined chocolate-covered strawberries and expected the color to be much deeper and richer (and shimmer-free). On my lips, this lip balm might as well have been clear. I don't particularly like the feel, taste, or look of this product. I won't get much use out of this one.




Helen E Shimmer Eye Powder (#18)


Let me start by saying that I don't use pigments. I find them messy to work with and I much prefer pressed eyeshadows. Helen E Shimmer Eye Powder (#18) is a champagne color with a hint of pink that can be used dry or wet. I won't be using this, but I thought I would swatch it before tossing it out.




Sarah Chapman Skinesis 3 Skin Tone Perfecting Booster is supposed to help to even skin tone, so I am looking forward to trying this out. MeMeMe Long Lasting Nail Gloss (#58 Indulgent) is a rich burgundy color. I am surprised to see this color in this Summer Looks box as it would be much more suitable for the fall or winter. I will update once I had more time to try out these products.

What do you think of this month's box?

No comments:

Post a Comment