June 30, 2013

Empties: June 2013

Another month has gone by and today I want to share the products I have used up in the month of June.


Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 (5mL)
This sample was in the goodie bag I recevied from this year's London Fashion Weekend. I have been using 2-3 pumps every morning and it has lasted me a whole month! I love the pump dispenser, which is also available on the full size. The formula is very light and oil-free, although the floral fragrance may be too strong for some people. It did take my skin a few days to adjust to the formula, making me quite oily before my skin settled back to normal. This lotion is meant for combination skin, so that may have contributed to the lack of visible difference in my skin. I won't be purchasing the full-size.

Jergens Skin Firming Daily Toning Body Moisturiser (350mL)
I feel like went through this bottle rather quickly, despite not using it as my daily body lotion. At my pace, if used everyday all over the body, this bottle would only last about a month and a half. This lotion has a thick consistency and the scent reminds me of sea minerals. I use it (if I remember) a few days before an event or on days after I work out. I do see a difference in the smoothness of my skin with continuous use (over a week) and it is also sufficiently hydrating for me. Unfortunately the pump is not able to get out all of the product, but I was able to get 3 full-body uses after unscrewing the cap to dump out the product. I do like it and don't mind repurchasing.

Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips (125mL)
I didn't notice the 6 months expiration date before switching to another makeup remover earlier this year, so I ended up wasting the remaining quarter of this bottle. When I pulled out this bottle to use for the first time in months, the foaming layers after shaking the bottle didn't settle back together even after 3 days. As this is my second bottle of this make-up remover, I classified that as an abnormal behavior. Thus I decided to toss it out as a precaution. In any case, this is a oil-based make-up remover that gently removes everything, and it is also suitable for all skin types and for contact lens wearers. I love how it has been tested for removing lip products as well . There are so many make-up removers on the market that are targeted for the eyes, so it is nice to see that lips are not forgotten. I am open to repurchase this and I am interested in trying out the Cleansing Balm from the same line as well.

Dove Deeply Nourishing Body Wash (250mL)
I started using this at the end of 2012 and put it on hold while I finished another shower gel. I managed to finish the remainder this month. This is a thick and creamy body wash that lathers very well. The scent is fresh and I find the product to be more moisturizing than other body washes I have tried in the past year or so. The only thing I dislike is the packaging, the cap is not very user-friendly and I always squeeze out too much product. I would definitely repurchase, in fact, I am currently using another Dove body wash in a different scent.

Which products did you finish this month? Is the Clinique remover better than the cleansing balm?

No comments:

Post a Comment