May 18, 2013

Review: Stila All About Eyes Set

I picked up this Stila All About Eyes set as part of my Sephora Chic Week haul. After testing it out over the past month, today I want to share my thoughts.

This online exclusive set comes with three full size products:
  • Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner (Stingray)
  • Major Major Lash Mascara (Black)
  • Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner (Intense Black)

On to the review!

Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner (Stingray)


During my first trial, this eyeliner smudged within half an hour. The second time, I was ready with my primer, prolonging the wear time to ~3 hours. Obviously still not good enough. However, this eyeliner seems to only smudge on my upper lid, so perhaps this will work better for a smoky look. I just want a multi-tasking product with the choice to smudge it out or to leave it clean. Is that too much to ask?

This twist-up pencil draws out a grey-black line with a matte finish. Despite the softness of the product, it takes several attempts for an even line. This eyeliner never seems to fully set, even hours after application. With the slightest of rubbing, it smudges as easily as if just freshly applied. The difficulty of removal delivered the fatal blow, this eyeliner is definitely a miss for me.


Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner (Intense Black)


This liquid liner is, by far, my pick of the two eyeliners in this set. Super easy to apply for a precise and even line. The felt tip dispenses just the right amount of product and the eyeliner dries to a glossy black finish. I get over 10 hours of mess-free wear time, even enduring through the start of a downpour. Despite holding true to its waterproof claims, removing the eyeliner was surprisingly easy. Everything about this eyeliner works, I am quite happy with it.


Major Major Lash Mascara (Black)



Not to be confused with the original Major Lash Mascara, the Major Major version is supposed to be bigger and better. Unfortunately, even with a fuller brush, this mascara didn't do much for my lashes. It isn't good at separating lashes, adding volume, or holding curls. The only positive factor is the lack of smudging for at least 6 hours. I tried it a couple more times, but my tube has a very strong smell that really prevents me from reaching for it.

This eye set retails for $30 USD ($62 USD value). The liquid eyeliner is the only one that I will continue to use regularly. I am glad at least one out of the three products worked for me.

Have you tried any of the Stila eye products in this set? What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the liquid liner or mascara before but I do have one of those stick eyeliners in a grey-ish colour which I'm not fond of. It doesn't last on my waterline at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that the smudge stick would work for a smoky eye. I rarely do a smoky look this time of the year, so maybe I'll keep it until the Fall.

      Delete
  2. Unf. Been needing a nice liquid liner like that for a long time. Might buy it from sephora soon if I can't find another marker tip that's nice.:P Nice review post <3

    From your friendly dippster at:
    http://thedippster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know how it works for you if you decide to pick it up!

      Delete