May 16, 2013

Review: No7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes

With the weather getting warm and warmer, wipes are great for refreshing the skin. I recently picked up these No7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes. After going through over a week's supply, today I want to share my thoughts.



Although the cloth fibers feel very soft, initially these wipes were drier than I expected. After a couple of days, I started storing the packaging upside-down, and the clothes became so moist that the wipe just smears my make-up around the face instead of taking it off. Unfortunately, I really cannot vouch for its make-up removing claims. After covering every inch of the wipe with make-up, most of my (non-waterproof) eyeliner still clung on to my lashlines. I had to whip out some cotton pad and cleansing oil to get rid of the rest.

The wipe itself is quite gentle, but the repeated attempts to remove my eye make-up did irritate my skin. I will no longer be using it as a make-up remover. All that rubbing and tugging couldn't be good for preventing fine lines. However, as a wipe to just freshen up, these are fantastic. Even without splashing my face with water or other cleansing products, my skin feels soft and sufficiently clean to hold me over until a proper shower.

I do like the resealable packaging that helps the pack to retain its moisture. These wipes are meant to be suitable for all skin types, and are fragrance-free and hypo-allergenic. If only I could figure out how to store it to get just the right amount of moisture.

This pack retails for £7 for 30 wipes. I am glad I tried this out when I had a coupon for £5 off No 7 skincare as I don't think this is worth the full price. If you are interested in trying this out, the current £5 off promotion lasts until May 19th at your local Boots.

What are your favorite cleansing wipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment