May 25, 2013

Review: Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser (Normal Skin)

This Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser for normal skin (also available for dry skin) just launched in the UK this mid-May. After trying it out for the past 10 days, today I want to share my thoughts.



I have previously tried Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, which I now use 2-3 times a week as spot treatment. This Nivea version follows a similar concept, but it is not nearly as rich as the Lush original. However, at a fraction of the price (£3-5, depending on the size instead of £15.50 for 225g), I think this is a good alternative for the value.

The official site claims that this in-shower moisturiser activates with water and thus you can rinse it off immediately. However, I found it more effective to leave it on for a minute before washing off. I recommend applying this first on your driest spots to give these areas the most time to soak in the product.

This product's light consistency allows moisture to quickly absorb. There is no feeling of stickiness in the seconds between hoping out of the shower and wrapping warm in a towel. The sea mineral scent is fresh and light, but it does not linger for very long.

I used this product exclusively for 3 days, but by the 4th day, my skin was craving for some extra moisture. Perhaps the dry skin formula would serve better as a permanent replacement for body lotion. I am reserving this product for lazy days when I don't have time to use regular lotion. I think this is also very convenient to use in the morning shower or before a night out. Overall, I am pretty happy with this moisturiser.

Have you tried this in-shower body conditioner? How about the dry skin formula?

No comments:

Post a Comment