May 5, 2013

Review: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15

I received this Fresh Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo as my birthday gift months and months ago from Sephora. I have previously purchased a similar lip treatment mini set and vaguely remember liking it. This set comes with minis of both the original sugar lip treatment and sugar rose tinted lip treatment. I have already finished the original lip treatment a few weeks back and I am about a third way through the rose one. So naturally, I feel it's about time to share my renewed acquaintance with Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15.





One swipe of these lip treatments adds a thin layer of the buttery formula to your lips. Yet, it is exactly this softness of the product that causes it to snap easily! As I glide it along my lips, the product would tilt around in the tube. So when I retract the product, it would make a mess around rim. That happened with my original set as well, wasting quite a bit product. I really, really wish this product isn't so delicate because I find it to be very moisturizing. Both of these lip treatments smell like sweet lemons and contains SPF 15, so it is perfect for summer. The rose version applies with a sheer wash of color and is ideal for ladies who find lipcolors too dry on the lips. Although these lip treatments feel great on the lips, they usually don't last more than 2 hours on my lips before the need to reapply.

The packaging is beautiful with a satin finish. Unlike most lip balms, the cap twists instead of being pulled off. Thus it won't accidentally come apart in a makeup bag. At 0.08oz each, this free duo is quite generous considering each full size Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment retails at $22.50 for 0.15oz. As I went through the original mini in this set in less than a month, I probably won't repurchase.

Did you receive this birthday gift from Sephora? How do you like this lip treatment?

4 comments:

  1. I got these for a birthday present from Sephora in the past. They were great as a freebie and was very moisturizing! This year though, I got the Benefit bundle which included mascara and highlighter stick. So far, I really like the Benefit bundle a lot!(^□^*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to the benefit gift set this year, but I'm a December baby, so a long time to wait. I do love the They're Real mascara.

      Delete
  2. I love these! so smooth feeling. haha and I love the packaging. I have the exact same ones too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are amazing, I just wish they weren't so expansive!

      Delete