May 14, 2013

In the Mail: Glossybox May 2013

The May box is celebrating Glossybox's 2nd birthday! This is also the second month of my subscription, so good things come in pairs! My box just arrived in the mail today and I want to share it with you.



What I received
  • Caudalie Divine Oil (15mL)
  • L'Occitane Angelica Hydration Cream (15mL)
  • Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara (8mL)
  • Beautiful Movements Prime & Create Mixing Medium (2.5g)
  • Headline Colors in Belladonna (10mL)
  • Glossybox Nail files

If the L'Occitane Angelica Hydration Cream is even half as good as the brand's hand creams, then I am in for a treat. I am also very excited to try out the Caudalie Divine Oil.

I have never heard of the Jelly Pong Pong brand prior to opening this box. Initially I was looking forward to trying the mascara, but its supposed lifetime of 18-months-after-opening made me a little suspicious. After all, most mascaras are only guaranteed for safe use up to 6 months, so what makes this one last so long? I will definitely do some investigation into the brand before putting its product near my eyes.

The nail files will probably get the toss since I exclusively use glass files for my nails. The primer and nail polish doesn't look impressive in the bottle, but I do hope to be surprised. Stay tuned for reviews!

Update (July 8, 2013):
I do like the mascara wand on this Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara, but for the suspicions outlined above, I won't be trying out the formula.

Update (September 19, 2013):
My skin needs to go the extra mile to fully absorb this L'Occitane Angelica Hydration Cream. I tried it on and off since May and prolonged use always led to little bumps to surface on my face. It has a fresh grass smell and is part of non-comedogenic skin care. I would not repurchase.

Update (November 11, 2013):

I have naturally wavy hair, so I first tried the Caudalie Divine Oil to smooth the frizzes. Unfortunately once the oil mixes with my hair, it leaves a scent that reminds me of greasy, dirty hair. I used it occasionally on my legs in the summer and if not massaged in completely, the oil leaves a sticky film on my skin. Overall, it is a handy product to have around, but not one that I would purchase again.

Did you order a subscription box this month? Which of these products interest you?

No comments:

Post a Comment