April 21, 2013

Review: NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

I picked up this NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base with my Sephora Haul early in March and today I want to share my thoughts.


The applicator picks up just enough product for me to dot around my eyelids. This creamy primer has a glue-like consistency, so any excess product that gather at the roots of my lashes is difficult to smooth over. Thus to minimize the fuss, I usually deposit the primer high along the crease. Despite the thicker consistency, the primer feels light on the skin and blends to an invisible finish.



Could you tell which side has been primed before applying the eyeshadows? If you guessed right, well you are right! The difference is quite obvious isn't it? The shadow sits much smoother with the primer and lasts 2-3 hours longer. However, the primer also sets the eyeshadow much faster, so do work fast if you want to blend different colors. This eyeshadow primer retails for $24 USD (0.26oz).

I have been checking out the Pierre Hardy for NARS collection, but why are the blushes much bigger than the regular size? Why must the nail polishes be sold in pairs? I really want to get something from this collection, but absolutely nothing catches my eye.

Did you recently pick up any NARS products? What is your favorite eyeshadow primer?

No comments:

Post a Comment