April 7, 2013

Review: Barry M Bold Waterproof Eyeliner (Black)

I have always been a fan of gel eyeliners applied with a flat angled eyeliner brush. However, the trouble of washing the brush after every application always prompt me to be on the lookout for a more convenient alternative. I recently picked up this Barry M Bold Waterproof Eyeliner in Black and today I want to share my thoughts.





This is a very pigmented black eyeliner that glides on like butter. It creates a jet black cream finish in just one swipe, definitely bold indeed. If you prefer a finer line, try loading the product onto and apply with an eyeliner brush instead (or, in my case, revert back to my beloved gel liners). I would give this eyeliner a few seconds to set before blinking. Unfortunately this eyeliner did smudge within the hour, perhaps my tapered eyelids are partially to blame for subjecting my upper lines to a stringent smudge test since the eyeliner lasted much better on my lower lash line. Too bad the eyeliner's waterproof claims did not completely deliver either. Although this eyeliner glides on easily, taking it off definitely requires patience and some industrial strength makeup remover. Overall, I am disappointed in this eyeliner and I would not repurchase.

Have you tried this eyeliner? If not, would you like to give it a try? What is the boldest black eyeliner you have ever tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment