April 19, 2013

In the Mail: Glossybox April 2013

I love receiving things in the mail. It's like having presents delivered straight to my door (obviously not counting the bills and the like). When life switches to a stressful phase, my probability of ordering things online double, triple, quadruple! This time, I am trying out beauty subscription boxes for the first time. I chose Glossybox for my first purchase and I want to share the April Spring Fever box I just received in the mail.

This month's packaging is designed by Pearl Lowe, featuring a beautiful, vintage floral pattern.





Moving on to the products among the black tissue shreds:
  • Nip + Fab Pistachio Sundae Dry Skin Fix Body Butter (50mL)
  • Essie Nail Lacquer in Nice is Nice (13.5mL) [Review Here]
  • ModelCo Cheek + Lips Tint (Rosy Red) (10mL)
  • SunSense Daily Face SPF50+ Invisible Tint Finish Sunscreen (10g)
  • Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum (5mL)

The only product that I would have purchased is the Essie Nail Lacquer (already made Nice is Nice my new manicure!). I dabbed on some of the Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple behind the ears. It is a sweet musky scent with a very long wear time, especially suited for the evenings. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.

The remaining 3 products will probably disappear into my to-try pile. If you are keen on trying out any of them, let me know so they don't go to waste! Beauty subscription boxes are great for trying out new products, so I am prepared for hit and misses. As long as at least one product is to my satisfaction, then I am a happy subscriber. Glossybox subscription is available for £10 (plus shipping/handling) per month.

Update (July 8, 2013):

ModelCo Cheek + Lips Tint (Rosy Red)
I recommend dabbing lightly and tap to blend (not rub). Keep in mind that the pinky I used to blend the swatch was 10x more pigmented than the back of my hand. The color is too plum and does not blend well enough to look natural on me. This stain is also very difficult to remove, traces of its pigment still remained after putting it through cleansing wipes, make-up remover, and cleansing oil. I won't be using it.



SunSense Daily Face SPF50+ Invisible Tint Finish Sunscreen
This sunscreen has a light liquid texture, resulting in a sheer tint. It's too bad that the sample's packaging doesn't allow me to store it, otherwise the SPF50+ protection would come in handy now. This sunscreen also doesn't have much of the typical sunscreen smell. I would be interested in trying out a nontinted version from the brand.



Update (September 19, 2013):

Nip + Fab Pistachio Sundae Dry Skin Fix Body Butter
This formula is very rich and the scent is a bit too sweet for my liking. I wouldn't repurchase.

Have you tried beauty subscription boxes? Which one would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment