April 2, 2013

Review: Benefit Fake Up (01 Light)

After much anticipation, Benefit finally released their newest concealer Fake Up in the UK last weekend. I wanted to try this "crease-control hydrating concealer" ever since I saw the press releases in January. I couldn't resist picking one up in 01 Light in early March with my Sephora Order as it was released in the US in February. After testing it out over the last month, today I want to share my thoughts.






The product concept wraps a concealer core within a layer of hydrating balm, which contains vitamin E and apple seed extract for moisturizing the under-eye area. The product glides on and blends easily to a silky finish. The leaflet recommends "stroking Fake Up underneath each eye and using your ring finger to pat gently outward to blend". I find the coverage to be sheer, which means my stubborn dark circles still leave traces of its existences. Without any primer or powder, this concealer lasted beyond the 6-hours advertised wear time. At the end of 8-hour days, the product gripped on and didn't show any signs of creasing or unnatural shine.

My skintone is between 01 Light and 02 Medium, thus the product loses major points for only offering the concealer in three shades. Although the creamy texture and ease of blending imply that you could buy two shades and mix them to create your perfect match, but that's not something I am in the habit of doing. The packaging is cute, but not as well made as I would have expected from Benefit. This line of concealers retails for $24 USD, I would not consider repurchasing unless Benefit releases more shades in the future.

Have you tried this concealer? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment