March 20, 2013

Review: YSL Touche Éclat & Flash Touch Wake-Up Eyecare Duo

I picked up this YSL Touche Éclat & Flash Touch Wake-Up Eyecare Duo from Harrod's for £25 during their holiday sales. That is equivalent to buy one get one free at regular retail prices.



YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch (01)

I have been using this as a highlighter since it did next to nothing for my dark circles. The coverage is quite sheer, which is perfect for creating natural highlights. I mainly use it along the bridge of my nose, underneath the eyebrows, and on my cupid's bow. The product is light and blends beautifully regardless of whether my skin has been prepped with primer or not. My only complaint is the difficulty of controlling how much product is dispensed. Some times I have to click multiple times for any product, and when I do get some product out, it dispenses way too much. Although I like this highlighter, I probably wouldn't repurchase at full retail of £25.


YSL Top Secrets Flash Touch Wake-up Eyecare

As the name suggests, this eyecare pen is advertised as an instant pick-me-up by reducing the appearances of puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. This product is scentless with a light non-greasy texture. I find one click to be sufficient for both eyes. I apply the product from the inner corner to the outer of my eyes until the product has been absorbed (around 5 repeats). I like the cooling sensation from the metal ball and the product is very moisturizing. This product is also supposed to also prime the undereye area for make-up, but I have nothing positive to say about that aspect. At £25 for 2.5mL, I highly doubt I would repurchase.

Have you tried either of these two products? What are some more affordable alternatives?

No comments:

Post a Comment