March 15, 2013

Review: The Body Shop Skin Primer - Moisture It

I picked up this The Body Shop Skin Primer - Moisture It as part of my Body Shop Haul around the end of January. After testing it out for over a month, I am ready to share my review today.





Even though this primer feels very light and absorbs quickly, I would advise only a thin layer. Any excess would uncomfortably over-tighten the skin. I didn't see much of a moisturizing effect as advertised and I suspect the primer has a bit of a shimmer finish.

I usually don't wear full face makeup, thus my need for primer is usually limited to underneath the eye area to prepare for concealer. I don't have sensitive skin, but even if I avoid the 1cm radius around my eyes, the primer still caused irritation and made my eyes water.

The packaging is the only attribute I like about this primer. It is very easy to control the amount of product dispensed. I bought this at 40% off (regular retail for £12), but this primer didn't meet my expectations.

Have you tried this primer or its Matte It cousin? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment