February 14, 2013

NOTD: Valentine's Day Manicure

Happy Valentine's Day! Today I want to share my simple Valentine's Day manicure.



OPI Ridge Filler, OPI Red My Fortune Cookie, Color Club Hot Couture, Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat


I received my bottle of OPI Red My Fortune Cookie (Hong Kong Collection) as a birthday gift about a year ago. This warm-tone red dries fast with a high shine creme finish. Under alternative lighting conditions, the color do appear with stronger tones of orange. The polish is pigmented with a thin consistency. Thus it applies smoothly and is almost opaque with just the one coat. When I wear it alone as a plain manicure, two coats are sufficient to achieve perfect opacity. This is a wonderful color that would works year-round, especially for the summer!

Color Club Hot Couture (Pardon My French collection) is a bottle of chunky glitter in a sheer pink-toned jelly. The iridescent glitter flashes green, blue, purple, gold, from different angles. The consistency is very thick and after applying three coats to my tips, even a generous layer of top coat couldn't smooth over the gritty feeling of glitter.

How are you celebrating Valentine's Day? What manicure are you wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment