February 20, 2013

Review: Rosebud Salve in a Tube

I picked up this Rosebud Salve as part of a Sephora Haul that my friend brought to visit me in the UK last December. I am absolutely loving this lip balm, to the extent that I think it is the best lip treatment I have ever tried.



When a product has been around for over a century, the brand definitely knows what it's doing. Its main ingredient is petroleum jelly, but with the added cotton seed oil, it works much better for me than Vaseline. This lip balm moisturizes without any stickiness. It goes on with a slight shine and lasts for 2-3 hours on me. The rosy scent is gentle and the taste is pleasant.

Aside from caring for the lips, it is also a multipurpose product that would also "calms and heals irritation, soothes the sting of minor burns, helps heal cuts, tames mangled cuticles, helps fix ashy elbows and knees, and minimizes diaper rash". I haven't tried the product for these other purposes, but it's good to know that I have a lifesaver in my purse for any little accidents life could throw at me (fingers crossed that doesn't happen).

This retails for $7 CAD and is also available in the original tin packaging. I personally prefer the tube as it is more hygienic and I don't have to worry about it making a mess in my purse. Unfortunately, after a month of use, the tube cracked around the rim. It's too much of a hassle to clean up the excess every time I squeeze the tube. Therefore, RIP my Rosebud Salve and may we meet again when I repurchase. Otherwise, one tube is good for 30M after opening, much longer than most lip care products.



Have you tried the Rosebud Salve? What do you recommend as a lip treatment?

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I didn't know they come in a tube. Now that I know, I rather purchase tube over tin. Thanks for telling us! :)

    ReplyDelete