February 24, 2013

London Fashion Weekend Roundup

Although London Fashion Week is exclusive to fashion industry professionals, London Fashion Weekend is open to the general public. I made a trip to Somerset House last Thursday to check out this twice yearly event and today I want to share my experience.


Inside the runway tent.

The Trend shows lasts about 40 minutes, featuring a range of designers. The running order was curated by Hilary Alexander, with Zoe Hardman as the host. Some graphics would definitely help with my descriptions, but I didn't manage any clear photos of the actual runway pieces.

The 4 themes:
  • Graphic Art
    • Think 60s. Large and sharply defined color blocks. Definitely bold statement pieces
  • Urban Lifestyle
    • Add a sporty vibe to the traditional fitted business attire
  • Eastern Promise
    • Very floral, beautiful drapes. Colorful prints and heavy embroidery
  • Dolls House
    • Neon, pastels, full skirts for a sweet look
As a Vodafone customer, I also picked up a free Nails Inc. London Fashion Week(end) exclusive nail polish in Vodafone Red. This is exactly what I need, a vending machine for nail polishes. I believe this Vodafone x Nails Inc. collaboration is still available at select London Nails Inc. locations before February 28th [Swatch Here].


Besides shopping, there are many other happenings around Somerset House. The goodie bag came in a white canvas tote. Unfortunately the contents were not impressive! When I was at the Montreal Festival Mode & Design in 2009, the samples were much more generous.



After spending an afternoon on my feet, it's nice to kick back with friends. We settled on shared platters of Plateau de Charcuterie (cured meats) and Plateau de Mezze (hummus, tzatziki, olives, and pitta bread) with a Bubbly at Café des Amis's Wine Bar.



Have you been to London Fashion Week(end)? Or other fashion festivals around the globe?

No comments:

Post a Comment