February 10, 2013

A Harrod's Afternoon with Mango Tree and Jo Malone

Happy Chinese New Year! Three days ago, I spent a Friday afternoon in Harrod's where the Year of the Snake celebration was in full swing.
I had dim sum for an early dinner at Mango Tree. I tried the Chinese New Year special platter for £38 and was unfortunately left hungry after my brief 15-minutes dining experience. If I ever revisit, which I highly doubt, I will try something else with more substance on the menu.

Without the draw of holiday sales, the number of sales assistants outnumbered the number of shoppers. I find it a bit uncomfortable to sample products with so many pairs of eyes staring at my back. I only picked up one item, Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne (30mL) for £38 as an impulse gift to myself.

With one spray at my wrist at 8am this morning, the scent was still noticeable 12 hours later. True to its name, the fragrance starts off with strong notes of nectarine and gradually blends in more honey element later in the wear. It is also very welcoming to return home after a long day and taking in this delicious scent. I think the sales lady sprayed the packaging with what I suspect to be Jo Malone's Harrod's exclusive rose scent. That particular rosy scent didn't stand out for me in store, but the more I smell it, the more I like it. I am tempted to pick it up next time I am in London.

Have you tried any Jo Malone colognes? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment