January 18, 2013

Review: Dior Addict Lip Glow


This color awakening lipbalm is advertised as a "customized balm that lastingly enhances and beautifies the natural color of the lips". Right from the first applications, the lip balm glides on and magically smooths out any dryness on my lips to make them look radiant and soft. I have naturally pigmented lips and the lipbalm enhances my lip color to become a shade of rosy pink with just a tint of shine. The lipbalm has a slight vanilla scent and taste, but it is very subtle.


Unfortunately the lipblam only lasts for about 2 hours before the need to reapply. For the first few uses, I was disappointed that the lipblam left my lips more dry than before the application. However after testing out and using this product exclusively for the past two weeks, I am happy to report that this dehydration no longer occurs. Either my lips were in bad conditions when I initially tried the product, or it may just take some time for my lips to adjust to the product. Either way, that's all in the past now.

As with Dior products, the packaging is undeniably beautiful and sleek. The tube comes with little under an inch of product. I bought mine for €23.20 (about 10-20% off retail) at a duty-free in Paris. Although I do like the look and feel of the lipbalm on my lips, I don't think I would repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment