January 12, 2013

Day 4 in Paris: Paul, CrepStory, Häagen-Dazs, and Les Deux Magots

Breakfast at Paul! Ham and cheese quiche with sausage baguette layered with cheese. I usually eat very little in the morning, but I needed energy to scale the Eiffel Tower! We climbed the 1652 stairs to the second level, then taking the lift to the top. Nice workout and a great view to compensate! Unfortunately the post office at the bottom of the south pillar was closed, so my postcards had to wait for another day to get the special Eiffel Tower stamp.


After a visit to Centre Pompidou, lunch at CrepStory. I had the "jambon cheddard (ham cheddar) galette" and my companion had the "oeuf emmental champignons (egg emmental mushrooms) galette". Very very good and super friendly service!


Taking a break at the Häagen-Dazs on Champs-Élysées. The coffee au lait was so bitter, but consistent with the trend in the rest of the Parisien cafes.

We ordered the "La Fondue Blanche" and the white peach ice cream was amazing! Once you dip the ice cream in the melted white chocolate, it becomes coated in the hard shell and is a perfect blend of texture. A must try!


After waiting for (and disappointed) by the 6:30pm re-kindling of Memorial Flame at the Arc de Triomphe. Christmas eve dinner at Les Deux Magots.

Why called Les Deux Magots? Well...because of these two fellows hanging on to the pillars


My glass of Bordeaux Mouton Cadet, a bit strong for my liking
Fillet of beef with foie gras and potatao
My companion across from me with the pan-sauteed deer loin


Contact Details:

CrepStory
  • 23, rue Rambuteau 75004 Paris
Les Deux Magots
  • 6 Place Saint-Germain des Prés 75006 Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment