January 9, 2013

Day 3 in Paris: Starbucks, Angelina, and Xin Gai Nian

Day 3 of my food journey in Paris started with breakfast in Starbucks. I know, I know...but I was in a rush to get on my journey to Versailles.

Unfortunately Versailles' interior didn't wow me as much as its gardens and courtyards. I stopped by to have a quick tea at Angelina to get away from the crowds (the desserts ended up doubling as lunch due to time constraint). I accidently left my scarf behind, but luckily the staff kept it for me when I returned. Key point of the story, I am proud of making through the lost-and-found process in French. Yes, "J'ai oublié mon écharpe" finally got a chance to be spoken!



Saori: Layers of lime cheesecake, strawberry filling, all covered under a layer of white chocolate
Paris-New York: Mix of almonds and pecan praline cream

After a couple of hours wondering around in the Musée d'Orsay, we had dinner at Xin Gai Nian! the restaurant name literally translates to "New Concept", thus very suitable for its asian fusion style. Delicious!

Gyoza to start

Specialty Duck Dish

Chao Nian Gao: Rice Cakes


Contact Details: Xin Gai Nian
55, Rue Dauphine, 75006 Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment