November 29, 2012

NOTD: Sally Hansen Salon Effects (Cry Baby)


My first attempt at nail wraps. I bought this Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Cry Baby and it came with everything in the above image. It was easy to find 10 wraps that fit my nails. The result was super shiny even without a top coat. The neon pink color was also brighter than traditional polishes due to a white base beneath. I made it to three days without tip-wear, but a top coat would probably made it last longer.

Finger prints will show initially during application, but will disappear after smoothing it out with the cuticle stick. The wraps are sticky on both sides, so give a minute for one hand to set before starting on the other. I would recommend applying to the dominant hand first and to fold the excess material over the edge of the nail before removing it. Unfortunately, since the wraps are made out of nail polish, it inevitably still smelled awful. Comparing to regular polish, these took me much longer to apply on this first try.




Shiny right?

No comments:

Post a Comment